Sunday, October 5, 2008

Vegan Mofo Survey and a Picture....

I went to Busan this past weekend and had a great time with friends, including an awesome art exhibit that i can hopefully post about on a slight tangent in the near future.  Well anywho, that tis my excuse for not posting sooner.

For my love of pictures I present this fine layout.  I, at first thought giant garlic, second guessed myself and sent the image to my mom for help and she thinks onion.  Any ideas to throw at me?  It is out drying if that helps.  Probably is onion though, moms have that tendency to be right.  Here is Mom's opinion (she wanted me to be clear about opinion because she is not an expert) and I am sold: "I believe that is a picture of alot of onions, not garlic.  The skin looks like onion and if it is garlic, korea grows some huge garlic.  They pulled the onions out the the ground and looks like they washed the dirt away and put on the cement to dry the moisture (if you put them away wet they will rot).  People put this kind of vegetable away for the winter in root cellars and such,but if they are wet they won't last."

But now for a little mofo survey, inspired by Sanja's Coconut and Raspberry blog, who got it from Liz at Food Snobbery is My Hobbery (great name).

Here it goes:

1. Name a song that involves food in some way.
Sugar Pie Honey Bunch by the Temptations

2. What criteria do you use when choosing a new cookbook to buy?
I like books that people recommend to me.

3. What did you eat today?
Breakfast: Bagel with jam and a soy black tea latte in Busan before heading home.
Snack: Orange and Almonds
Dinner: Went to the Tofu House shown on this post.
and have been drinking tons of tea to battle the beginning of a cold.

4. Name a vegan food that you know exists but you have never tried.
Haha (see this list)

5. The Food Network just called and needs you to start your new show tomorrow. What will the title of the show be?
Um, I am sick and lacking further creativity so for now i will say the name of my blog.

6. Favorite hot sauce or other spicy condiment?
tabasco or cayenne or red pepper flakes....I like am all really.

7. How old were you when you became vegetarian/vegan?
Vegetarian at 15 and vegan at 22.

8. Favorite vegan cheeze?
I have only really tried tofutti.  Will try others when back in Canada though :)

9. Cutest baby animal?
All.

10. Favorite type of jam/jelly/marmalade/preserves?
Tough call, raspberry I think.

11. Do you take any vitamins/supplements?
Sure do.  At the moment it is natural factors hi potency multi, but i switch it up and am happy to take recommendations.

12. What food/dish most embodies the Fall season?
Pumpkin pie and anything in a large bubbly pot.

13. What food would you have a hard time living without?
That is a hard one.  Is it cheating if I say fruit and vegetables.

14. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
Tea, especially loose leaf.  (Chai and thai are tops on the list).

15. It's 10PM and you're starving. What do you eat?
Depends on my mood.  Popcorn perhaps.

16. If you have an animal companion, what is his/her favorite food?
Not sure what my kitties current favorite food's are, since they are living with my parents while I am overseas (thanks mom and dad).  But Shandar used to like olives and Kharma enjoys licking EVERYTHING, especially plastic bags. My pets are strange :).  And my puppy, who is technically my parents dog, just loves food period, except cauliflower unless coated with dressing first. 

17. Worst injury you've gotten in the kitchen?
Hm, I guess the burn on my back from the crockpot when I was younger.  Mom was making something and I hopped up on the counter to sit and leaned against in.  Just a smallish burn but I still have the scar.

18. When you have a food-related question, who do you call?
As displayed above it's my mommers.  But I do check the web, so I don't have to harass her with all my questions.

19. Summer is ending- What food will you miss most?
I think pat bean soo since It noticeably leaves when cold comes.

20. What snacks do you keep in your purse/backpack/desk at work?
Usually fruit.

21. Favorite soup to make on a rainy day?
Vegetable medley or tomato.

22. What's your favorite combination of fresh vegetable and/or fruit juices?
Do salads count?  I make what my friend coined as an "everything" salad.  You take whichever veg, fruit (dry and fresh) nuts, noodles or rice on hand and combine to make a killer salad.

23. Favorite brand of root beer?
Dad's Rootbeer, I think wins.  Now I want a rootbeer float.

24. Make up your own question!
Best natural cold remedy?  My sweet friend's grandfathers elixir: Hot OJ with as much ginger as you can handle.
(Would love to hear others too).

Sending out happiness too all.


5 comments:

VeganView said...

So fun, great responses! I'm gonna have to do this now

A.M. said...

I read in "You, the owner's manual" that zinc actually really helps...

Hope you're feeling better now!

A.M. said...

O, and my first thought was tulips. But I guess onions would be more logical...

Liz said...

Thanks for taking the survey!!!
Your animals sound awesome and I hope the cold goes away quick.

Anonymous said...

Hi, they look like shallots to me. Fun survey :)